El Papalote Inclusive Child Development Center
"A Special Place for Special Children"
El Papalote first opened its doors in 1989. It was originally conceived as a mother's day out program by a grassroots group from the Junior League of El Paso and the United Way. This early effort evolved into what is now the community's only inclusive childcare program. However, we do more than just provide childcare; we help children with special health care needs to grow and to develop to their physical and mental potential.
If you would like to apply for daycare services at the "El Papalote " Inclusive Child Development Center, Select "El Papalote Enrollment Documents" From the El Papalote Drop down menu above.
- licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to accommodate 77 children, birth through 12 years of age.
- Texas School Ready preschool classrooms
- a Four Star Texas Rising Star Vendor with Child Care Services (CCS).
- Accredited by NAEYC
- provide financial assistance and referral.
- have a team of child care givers with extensive training and experience.
- have Foster Grandparents who provide additional tender loving care.
- offer an intergenerational approach to child development in a culturally diverse environment