The PdN Children’s Inclusive Early Learning Center (formerly El Papalote) is the only inclusive child development center in El Paso specifically designed to provide quality Early Childhood Education to children with special needs while also serving the general population using a peer role model approach. The program began in 1989, initially serving schools.
A team of dedicated Early Childhood teachers with education, training, and experience provide the highest quality education. PdN Children’s is accredited by the National Association for the Education for Young Children (NAEYC) (since 2004), the highest quality accreditation possible for early childhood programs.
In partnership with EPISD and Paul Moreno Elementary School, we provide Pre-K for three and four-year-old children. A certified Early Childhood, Sp.Ed. Bilingual teach teaches the children enrolled in the program.
We are rated a four-star program under the Texas Rising Star.
The program provides the following services:
- Traditional full and part-day care for children ages six weeks to 12 years (age exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis)
- “Parent’s Night Out” on the third Friday of each month, providing respite to parents/caregivers.
- School-age care when school is not in session: Summer Camp, Winter and Spring Break and teacher in-service days
- Before and after school care
- Socialization opportunities
- Infant/ toddler/ pre-school play-based curriculum
- EPISD partnership Pre-K (must be eligible)
The summer camp program has proven to be a huge success with an ongoing waiting list each year. It currently serves an average of 25 children at different times of the day (includes part-time and respite support). While priority is given to children with special needs, the goal is to ensure balanced ratios of children with and without special needs (no lower than 40% and no higher than 70% for children with special needs).